Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Blog Entry written 6-6-08

So, you know how I like to be busy. But what I call ‘busy’ for me I don’t really consider busy. ‘Busy’ for me really just means ‘having lots of fun things to do in a shorter amount of time’ or ‘being social’. I am going to give a list some of my things that was done/will be done (Lord willing) like I said I would do in the last post—but I won’t get it all. This is what we would consider ‘being busy’ (having fun):
May
5-Drive up to Virginia for Ortho Appt. (gone for 3 and a half hours)
18-20- At the Riser’s house
22-24-Baby-sit & prepare for Preston’s stay with us
25-31-Preston’s with us (as well as baby-sitting in between)
June
1-Go to Church (going to Church literally takes up over half of our Sunday—no, the service doesn’t really go on the long-I really wish it would, I’m serious, I would love that-it’s the 3 hours of driving that takes up most of it)-help in the nursery & have several families (over 30 kids) over to try out the zipline. (That was a busy Sunday so I counted it)
2-Preston’s with us
3-Preston’s depart
4-7-Baby-sit
9-13-At the Carr’s house helping pack
Prepare for Grandpa’s visit somewhere in here
20-23-Grandpa from AK visit
26-29-Baby-sit
July
Prepare for Calhoun’s visit somewhere in here
2-3-Fletchers visit
4-6-Calhoun’s visit
7-Go to Virginia to get off braces
17-Go to Virginia to pick up retainer

That’s what’s on my calendar SO FAR. I’m hoping it’ll fill in some more. And I also might go to the Butcher’s house again to baby-sit for them sometime this month. I would be staying at the Riser’s June 12-13 to help out with the BYBC (back-yard bible club) but my Mom didn’t want to pack in more stuff on my calendar.
So would you call that busy? What’s normal? I just LOVED May. And this month is going to be fun. But it looks like July is going to slow down. Oh! And we’ve got plans for August, too. The Carr’s are going to stay with us for some time.

I’m really excited about going to SC next week. I haven’t seen the Carr’s for over a year. I’m going to have tons of fun. I’m going to stay with them for 3 days-which will make me an IgCarrashi.
They said that we would go horseback riding while I’m there and I haven’t done that since I was, um, hmmm, 7? I was pretty little. And I love horses (see the picture of the horse up there at the top?). The drive to SC is, I think, 3 hours. So Mom and Coie are going to drive me to Ashville (half-way) and meet Mrs. Carr at STARBUCKS (anybody like Carmel Frappaccino’s?)! And she’ll take me from there to her house. Just thought I’d let you know that our meeting place is Starbucks ‘cause I like that place.

Change of subject…I’m getting my braces off next month. I would think I’d be more excited about it, but I really don’t care (it’s actually kind of fun having colorful teeth-lol). In fact, it’s going to be kinda sad because all of my friends have braces. And it’s not much of a difference as far as the food I’m allowed to eat because I eat anything whether it’s on my ‘Don’t Eat’ list or not. I’m just a little more careful. Oh! That reminds me, I had a weird dream: For some reason my teeth started going back to the way they were even with my braces on. And then I realized I had a loose tooth. The next day my tooth came off but it was attached to my braces so I just had it hanging there and I was able to slide it back and forth on the wire. It was driving me nuts. And the worst part was that I had to deal with it until my next ortho appt. which wouldn’t be for another month.

My dream went on, but I can’t remember it all. I’m not sure where that dream came from. Certainly not from the tooth fairy…

Mom and Coie are in IL right now at a convention. They get to meet the Masloske’s (their daughter, Angela, owns the Godly Girls mag that I write for) while they’re up there. I REALLY want to meet them. Angela and I have become pretty good phone pals. I have learned that we have a lot in common. We are a LOT alike. And we think a lot alike. I almost think our brains are somehow connected. One time I REALLY wanted to call her, but I thought “No, I’ll just leave her alone because I just called her last week” and later that day she called me. And I told her about that and then she said I did the exact same thing to her. She wanted to call me but decided to leave me alone because she had just called me the week before and I ended up calling her that same day. See what I mean? Weird, I know. But it’s really cool.

Alrighty, I’ll see if I can post this on Sunday or Monday before I leave. If I can’t then I probably won’t be able to for a while because we’ll be ‘busy’. I can’t post it now because I stay off the internet while Mom, Dad, and Coie are all gone in case they need to call me (we’re on dial-up). I guess I could call Mom and ask if I could post it now, I’ve never asked to get online while they’re gone. Nah, never mind. I’ll just wait.

Until a break from the ‘business’,
-Ryann
P.S. Next post I’ll tell you guys about the Preston’s stay with us and about the zipline and stuff…that’s going to be a LONG post…

No comments: